IJMB – Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examinations (IJMBE) is an Advanced level programme moderated by the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Kaduna State with various partnering accredited centres and Institutions nationwide.
The Programme was intended for candidates who cannot secure direct university admission. The Programme is suitable for students who wish to study in the country’s tertiary Institutions and were denied admission either due to JAMB failure, Post-utme Failure, or Mass Quota failure (i.e university cannot admit more than its capacity due to high number of candidates) and so many other reasons.
IJMB guarantees 200L University admission provided the candidates meets up with the required points for admission. A candidate is expected to obtain 5-8points out of a total of 15 points to be eligible for university admission to 200 levels.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAMME
This is to inform all prospective candidates wishing to apply for admission into 200L via the IJMB Programme that sales of Application forms for the 2022 IJMB admission exercise is now open.
IJMB REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
1. Visit our site: portal.ijmbweb.com.ng
2. Click on “MAKE PAYMENT” from the site.
3. Fill in all the information in the space provided including phone number and upload a passport photograph.
4. Submit to make and generate payment “Transaction ID” (Payment can be made via ONLINE or by making bank deposit to the official account details on the Make Payment Page).
5. Return to portal.ijmbweb.com.ng, click on “CREATE ACCOUNT” to create Online Application account using the TRANSACTION ID generated.
6. After Creating Account, The system automatically logs you to your student dashboard.
IJMBE was established in 1976 by the Interim Common Service Agency (ICSA) through the government of the Old Northern region of Nigeria. IJMB replaced the Higher School Certificate Examination (HSCE). Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) zaria is the national headquarters for the IJMBE programme.
Centre for Pre-Varsity Education, Nigeria (CEPED) is licensed and approved to admit students into various accredited IJMB study centres across the nation.
BENEFITS OF IJMB
- 200L admission into any university accepting IJMB
- The certificates do not expire and can be used for admission in cases where the candidate was unable to secure admission the first year.
- Awaiting result candidates can apply. Also, students who have deficiencies in their O’level mathematics and English can be remedied in IJMB O’level.
- The Programme runs for a period of 9-12 months.
APPROVED : The programme is approved by FEDERAL GOVERNMENT as a platform for securing university admission into university in Nigeria and outside. Its moderated by ABU, Zaria with different study centers nationwide.
CERTIFIED : By NIGERIA UNIVERSITY COMMISSION(NUC) as an A’ level programme that qualify students into 200 level in the university upon successful completion of the programme. CHECK JAMB BROCHURE TO CONFIRM.
ACCEPTABILITY: IJMB is accepted in over 80% of Nigerian universities and even abroad.
To be eligible for admission into the 2022 IJMB Programme, candidates must have satisfied the following:
*Photocopies of O’Level Result (Max of 2 sittings). Awaiting result candidate can apply as well.
*Six (6) recent Passport Photographs
*Certificate of State of origin (Optional)
*Printed and signed IJMB Admission letter after successful submission of application.
*Clearance and Oath forms obtained from the student portal upon Login
*Duly completed IJMB online printout FORM from the Centre for Pre-varsity Education Nigeria, obtained from this portal.
NOTE: Please note that we have no connection with any person/agent/website claiming to be partnering with us. Our services are moderated by the Centre for Pre-varsity Education, Nigeria. Directorate of student affairs.